Congratulations! If you’re reading this then you have already taken the first step of Your Journey with G&M Event Group.
Maybe you were referred to us by a friend or saw one of our talented entertainers in action at a special event. Possibly you were referred to us by another wedding professional, spotted some of our work on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube or discovered us thanks to the magical powers of Google.
Either way, we’re glad you found us and we look forward to guiding you through the rest of your G&M Journey. Your next step is to find out if G&M is right for you.
Is G&M right for you?
This is the next step after Discovery and possibly the hardest, so we’ll try to make it as easy as possible for you.
Here is where you’ll spend some time to research G&M Event Group. As with any wedding supplier you choose, you need to have complete trust that they can provide exactly what you want for your wedding celebration.
Here are some ways you could research us:
- Google our company and add in the word “Review” (you can also search “G&M DJ review”). Be sure to read as many as you like. You may notice that our reviews are different to other DJ companies, because we’re about more than just good music.
- Stalk us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+. Here you’ll find lots of photos, videos and other insight in to what we do and what you can expect when working with us.
- Watch lots of our YouTube videos. Sure, we’re not expert wedding videographers, but you’ll get to see some real footage from real weddings. Plus some videos even have video testimonials from the couple whose wedding it is (Yes, they are real couples giving real testimonials at their real wedding and some may have been celebrating a little hard)
- Contact us and ask us heaps of questions. You can call, email, Skype, text, Facebook message or even visit our office for a chat. It’s normal for you to have lots of questions for us about what we do and find out how we can help with your wedding celebration.
- Come along to one of our Showcase events. This is where we invite 40 couples to an event where you’ll hear us talk for a little bit about what we do and how we do it. Plus you’ll get to see all of our Lighting Design and Special effects options live. You’ll also be invited to chat with our team about your wedding.
One of the most important aspects of your research should be taking the time to meet with us either in person or via Skype. This will give you the best chance to see if we are the right fit for your wedding. Also, this gives us a chance to see if your wedding is a good fit for us. “What?!?! You mean you don’t just take every booking that comes along.” No, we don’t. Every wedding is unique and if we’re not the best option for you, we will be happy to suggest another company who might be better suited to your wedding.
This doesn’t mean we don’t like you, far from it. It just means that to give you the best wedding celebration, we may recommend another company whose specialty will be perfect for you. We might even recommend working in conjunction with another company to get the best result for you.
Ultimately, the purpose of this phase of your G&M Journey is to help you make the most informed decision about your wedding entertainment. Remember that we’re here to help answer any questions you might have. Seriously, we’re waiting by the phone right now and refreshing our email every 7 seconds 😉
Once you’ve decided that G&M Event Group are the best fit for your wedding, then the next step is to secure our services for your wedding date. But don’t wait to long, as we do book out quickly and we would hate to miss out on the fun at your wedding celebration.
This is one of our favourite parts of each couple’s G&M Journey. It brings a smile to our face, fills our heart with joy and incites happy dancing around our office.
Booking G&M Event Group for your wedding is simple. Just 3 steps:
- Call us on 1300 736 233 so that we can make sure we have all the correct details.
- Then we will email you our Entertainment Agreement (contract) for you to review, sign and return to us with a 30% deposit within the next 2 weeks.
- Once the signed contract and deposit have been received, your booking is confirmed and the happy dancing takes place (feel free to join in). You’ll receive a confirmation email with access to your own personal Online Planning area so that you can select the music you want to hear and tell us all about your wedding. If you’ve booked a Magnifique DJ+MC or Magnifique Dream package, you’ll also receive your Magnifique planning kit in the mail shortly.
Now you’re all booked in with G&M Event Group and you can tick another thing off your wedding To-Do list!
The best bit about this booking process is that you can call us anytime on 1300 736 233 if you have any questions.
Depending on which package you have chosen for your wedding, the planning phase will vary, but this is a general overview:
- Online Planning – All G&M Clients (that’s you) have access to their own personal Online Planning portal so that they can select the songs they want to have played at their wedding, plus give us lots of other useful information so that we can do the best job possible for you. You’ll have access to this until 2 weeks before your wedding.
- All clients also receive regular calls from our in house certified wedding planner. This is to see how you’re going with your wedding plans and to see if there is anything we can help with.
- Emails – You’ll also receive regular emails from us to keep you up to date with what’s been happening, exciting news, special offers and tips to help your wedding be amazing.
- Meetings – If you’ve chosen a DJ+MC package, we will contact you during the planning process to arrange a time to meet with your wedding MC. This is where they will help you refine things for your wedding and ensure that we are all on the same page with what you want.
- Final Checks – In the week leading up to your wedding, you’ll get another call from us. This will be your DJ touching base with you to ensure everything is on track and to find out if there are any last minute changes.
If you’ve booked in any of our Magnifique Packages, you’ll have access to a few more planning tools:
- Magnifique DJ+MC & Magnifique Dream clients also get a Magnifique Planning kit, which allows you to provide us with more detailed information about your wedding plans.
- Our team will be in contact with you at various stages to arrange various planning meetings. These are the meetings where we will work with you to create some amazing moments for your wedding celebration. You’ll be meeting with your chosen DJ or MC who will use their creativity to help guide you through the entire wedding planning process. How many planning meetings you have is up to you. The beauty of a Magnifique package is that we’re here to help anytime you need us.
- If you have a Magnifique Dream package booked, the final step is the Ceremony Rehearsal. You’re chosen MC will come along to your ceremony rehearsal to ensure that you’re 100% comfortable with what will be happening at your ceremony. Even if your celebrant doesn’t offer this service, we can conduct the rehearsal and ensure everyone knows what to do.
At the same time as you’re moving through this planning phase of your G&M Journey, our team are working hard behind the scenes to get everything ready as well:
- Your DJ is always rehearsing, learning new techniques, practising, looking at your music choices and working on ways to create the right feel with the music at your wedding. They are checking they have all the right equipment and tools to ensure every possibility is covered. They’re working hard to make sure they are 100% ready to go for your wedding.
If you’ve also hired one of our professional MCs:
- Your MC is working on ways to enhance your wedding. They are writing and re-writing scripts. They rehearse and give each other feedback. They are thinking up new methods to personalise your wedding. They are keeping the DJ allocated to your event up to date with what to expect. They are in contact with your other chosen wedding professionals to ensure everyone is on the same page and ready to bring their A-Game for your wedding. They are checking your speeches, offering advice, answering questions and doing whatever it takes to make your wedding truly Magnifique.
The best part of this planning phase is that you’re not alone. We’re there to guide you through the entire journey. This is one of the longest parts of your G&M Journey, but it’s one of the most important, because the work we do here is what makes the next part so special.
This is when the months and months of planning pay off. For you, this is the moment that you enjoy the hard work you’ve put in. Like the sporting champion who is collecting their trophy and basking in the admiration of others, you’ll be the centre of attention while your close friends and family celebrate your marriage.
Because you’ve hired so many amazing wedding professionals, you don’t need to stress as they go about their jobs helping you and your guests enjoy a night you will never forget.
As always, our team are there to help in any way we can.
Your feedback is very valuable to us. We’re always looking to improve and you’re always welcome to let us know how we can do that. After your event you’ll have the chance to rate us on many different aspects of your Journey with G&M Event Group. Some of our greatest achievements have come after our lovely clients have suggested ways for us to do something different, so don’t hold back.
G&M Fans for Life
It’s quite normal for you not to want your G&M Journey to come to an end. And we don’t want it to end either. This is probably why so many of our couples refer their friends and family to us (in fact, you may have been referred to us by one of the thousands of G&M Fans for Life).
G&M Fans for Life are those people who send us pictures of the beautiful place they honeymooned, let us know when they are having babies and are the first to run up and give us a hug when they see us entertaining at their friend or family members wedding. And there is nothing we love more. We even have couples who send us pictures of them doing crazy stuff each year on their anniversary. We love it!
It’s an honour to be chosen by a couple to DJ or MC their wedding and it’s a special honour when they become a G&M Fan for Life. They are the reason we do what we do. They are the reason we love what we do. LOVE, after all is the magic word and what it’s ALL about.
So what’s next?
Maybe you’ve just read all of the G&M Journey as part of the “Is G&M Right for you” part of your journey? If so, we would love for you to join us for the rest of the journey and can’t wait to help make your wedding amazing.